That being said I certainly know that yoga isn't for everyone. Just like Zumba and Spinning might not be your forte! I am not one of these meditation kinda gals. I find it hard to totally clear my mind in the beginning of class! I am there for a work out..not for a mind cleanse. However...every so often it does just do it for me and cleanse my mind. I can assure you that if you have a good instructor and a good class series it is just as strenuous of a work out as a zumba class. Just calmer.
Day five of working out is today: I have another yoga class tonight. My friend Robin (you know the one) teaches this class!
So day four (yesterday) I tried my second Zumba class. In the first 15 minutes I thought I might die. Really. But then my legs warmed up and I enjoyed the hell out of it! I was pretty okay. I messed up loads but no one was watching me and I loved it. I sweat my little butt off. When I say little I clearly mean big and I clearly mean I didn't really sweat it off...but that woulda been so cool!
![]() |
| Yummy right? Wish I coulda enjoyed them! |
I proceeded to slime and pb for 45 minutes. Why in the name of all that is good in this world did I not wait .5 seconds to sit down and take a small bite and chew. 1 second and I woulda been at the table. I have a small house people..I can spit on the dining room table from the kitchen. I THINK. I've never tried it. Might try it later. Anyhoo. I would jump up. My husband staring at me in a sad I am sorry kind of a way all the while EATING HIS CONSTRUCTED FAJITA! "Anything I can do to help, panda?" He'd say while dosing his bite with a little siracha sauce. No, damnit. I did it to myself.
I even left the room. I took the iPad to my bedroom to be closer to the bathroom. Probably about 30 minutes of this I got a call from a dear friend from high school and college. Another one of those girls that you truly love but don't get to talk to often enough who also doesn't know about my band. I answer hoping my misery is over. She knows I've had bronchitis and we talk about the weather and our husbands.. and all of the sudden. Jacque...I gotta go. Right now. One good thing is I was no longer starving. Just exhausted with an empty tummy! Blah!
I did call Jacque back. I told her my post nasal drip was making me sick to my stomach. I have been known to lie to cover up the truth too sometimes. HA! Anyway my girlfriend Jacque is a dear sweet soul. But also very harsh and brash and says mostly the first thing that comes to mind. She has the tendency to make you feel like shit when you tell her good news. I called her when I got engaged her answer... "WHAT? You too? Am I going to be the only one not married!?" I called her when I got pregnant the first time..She said "Great just great." Sounds awful, right? She doesn't mean it. Not really. She just can't hide her own disappointment and if she didn't truly love me (and my other two girlfriends that she does this too) then we wouldn't put up with it. But it does make it hard to tell her exciting things in your life.
Anyway, she has been trying to get pregnant for quite some time with no luck! You guessed it. She is preggers. She was so worried to tell me. I am squealing with excitement and she is worried that I hate her because she is pregnant. Let me tell you girls, I am not one of those types. Not even a little sad. Life is life and yours doesn't control mine and unlike you miss 'awful reaction to good news', I am happy for you! And I really was! I did get a little sad when my sister in law told she was pregnant. But that is ages ago now. So there you have it. Long and drawn out. My friend is pregnant, finally!
My husband and I bought (me) a treat this week. I am not very good and bribing myself with goal rewards. Pretty much because if there is something I want and we can afford it and pay for it without adding to debt, then I have it. I am not a huge spender. I budget and I scrimp especially in the winter but there are a few things I don't scrimp on. Quality veggies and meat. And kitchen items! So I got some new pots and pans. They were needed as I've made the current ones last for about 10 years. I got my moneys worth for sure! So next week my new Calphalon pots and pans arrive. They were on sale and I got an extra pan with a lid as a "bonus" so very excited! Now if we could just finish the kitchen I'd be a happy girl for a little while!
Panic this morning. Robins husband is in the Christmas Islands fishing which we all thought was in the pacific ocean. As you know there was a Tsunami in Japan that will hit Hawaii at any moment. All I could think of is Robins husband. But it turns out his islands are in the Indian Ocean I believe and protected, thank God! However she is set to meet him in Hawaii on Monday. With all that might be, I wonder if that will still happen! Just glad he is safe and I am hope and pray that the Hawaii tsunami results in little damage and loss of life.
Wow I've rambled again! Have a happy Friday, ya'll!! ~A




12 comments:
Funny, I've never heard of farting in yoga, would never cross my mind.
I was just thinking of you just before I saw your comment, in fact I was thinking of your husband, there are some new Alan Partidge mini episodes on youtube, this is the first http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucrpgmJxx0E&feature=related
You are too funny re: farting. I admit, I am afraid of that happening to me! Yoga is great, but, I too, have a hard time totally clearing my mind. I do like the classes though.
Re: fajitas- very brave of you to try steak! I can't eat it without pbing- I think mostly because of the bite size. I am working on it. There has to be meat in my future, right? (Wait, that sounded dirty).
Have a good weekend- btw, your friend sounds like my Mom- same way of communicating, and I love her anyway! Also, love the nickname Panda- adorable.
xoxo
That's a shame, I watched them and as much as I like AP it makes me very uncomfortable after a while, he's makes me cringe!
The fajitas picture looks so good! I am so hungry!
Hubs has been glued to the tv all morning watching the coverage. It's terrible and we are praying very hard.
This was a long post! goodness! Sorry about the fajita, that's a huge bummer.
BTW: totes jealous ofyour pots and pans, they look awesome!
I hate it when someone has PB issues, but darn it if the stories are so daggone funny! :)
I'm more afraid of the farting during my crunches with the trainer...
Sorry about the stuck episode...but I loved the way you wrote about it! LOL
Huh, it never occurred to me to worry about farting. I'm still not going to :)
Sorry about the PB'ing. Uck. Especially when you're starving.
I'm impressed by your long standing commitment to yoga and your current work out schedule...I think that is awesome!!!! I love your new cooking set...I love good quality kitchen products.
Hahaha! I'm NEVER going to not think of farting while doing yoga - thanks to YOU!!!
Congrats to your friend! And enjoy your Calphalon pots! I love mine!! We have an outlet close by... If you need anything, let me know!
The Office makes me cringe too, in fact Ricky Gervais just makes me cringe, I think that there is more of David Brent in him than he likes to admit. I do love Extras but I think that Stephen Merchant is better than Ricky in it.
We have a great new series that just started called Friday Night Dinner, its fantastic, Chris (and you of course) should really give it a go when he's back.
You must get him to record Friday night dinner, I've only seen 2 episodes and its great. I don't really watch much tv, mainly Paul is watching Ice Road Truckers and Police programs so I read, George (3) loves Ice Road Truckers too, its a bit of a worry!
I am just now seeing this, so you know I was a giggling fool when I read this. You know as from the last post that this is one of my fears....farting in yoga, hence why I haven't tried it yet. They have classes here at the University in the rec center. I might brave it one day ;-)!!
Post a Comment