So yesterday I had a fill appointment along with my 3 month lab review...Okay so its been a little over 4 months but same dif...and the results are in. I have lost 40lbs (according to his calculations) and 43lbs(according to my calculations) which I am very okay with! Even better my blood sugars are COMPLETELY NORMAL! That to me almost means more the then actual lb number. I am so happy.
You may recall back when I started this blog, my first freak out session was being so upset about how I got to this point. You all I am sure have had similar episodes. How did I let my self get so close to diabetes, so close to the point of little return (I won't say no return cause look at us now baby), how did I let myself get out of control! After my surgery I took myself off Metformin. Bad idea and yesterday could have proved me to be a very bad patient. I don't condone taking yourself of meds but I was keeping close record of my blood sugars and I hated the way the meds made me feel. So I did. If the results of my labs would have come back elevated I would have had to explain myself. That made me anxious and nervous. But I am thrilled to say that they are so very normal now that I can remain off all meds except for vitamins! YAYser!
The bad:
My B1 and B12 are really low. So it is back on the vitamins I go. I took myself off those because they also make me sick to my tummy! But I will try them with food or I will try another type. Maybe a chewy!
My Love For the Band:
I am 40lbs lighter and almost in onderland. 6-9lbs to go (depending on which scale you count). Even on my last exercise/diet kick when I lost 40 lbs I was never this light. I could never have done this without the band. I take that back. I could have done this without the band. But I would have already started gaining it back I've done that before. Plenty of times!
I feel so much more confident. I wear clothes that I would never have before. Hell, I try clothes on that I never would have before.
My pig outs are never even close to the sessions I used to have. I still have them from time to time. That is when I know I need a fill. Head hunger gets to me but I don't deny myself anything. I might choose not to eat something because I had a fattier lunch..but if I would like it I have it. There really isn't anything I can't eat. I never really ate rice much before so I don't have issues with that! I don't really attempt white bread, and cold left over meat is a NO GO! period. But I can eat steak. I can eat thin crust pizza.
I have gained loads of friends through blogging. I am more self aware. I am just as critical as I was before but I can see the damaging characteristics and I feel like I may have caught them before I completely lost myself. Check with me in another year and we'll see!
I exercise. I am still a little timid when it comes to trying new classes. But I still try them. I love that I can say I take an advanced yoga class. Sounds horrible and wrong of me to feel my ego swell a little but I can't help it.
I love my doctor and PA. They only have to stick me once to find my port. I am never hurt. A little sore the next day but never much. They are pleased with my success so far. My doc. wanted me to do the sleeve when I first started but he says now that he knows I will be one of the successes. My PA tells me I have the right personality for lapband. I don't feel defeated when I leave. Thank goodness.
I hiked with my husband and didn't complain once. Okay, well once. But I didn't complain that it was too hard!
My boobs are smaller.
I have had to men at our business whom I see regularly comment on the fact that I am skinner. Normally men around here comment on what I am eating or not eating. Never about looking good!
My husband is a cheerleader and never complains when I am late for work or leave work early to WORKOUT. Ever.
I can't wait to see my inlaws when we go to England at Christmas. I don't think they will recognize me. By then I hope to be 175. Which is 32 lbs less. I can do that in 7 months. Right!? Yes I can!
Okay, now I am just babbling! Anyway. I am in a great mood. I have a load of paperwork to do. Quarterly taxes are due by the end of the week. They confuse me and I am new to doing our paperwork. So I am slow. But I wanted to check with with you all and say hello! I am reading. Not commenting as much! But I know what you all are up to! Bask in my happy mood with me people. Life is very good!

12 comments:
I'm so very very happy along with you!! I remember reading about your blood sugar meds and that I was worried about you discontinueing them yourself. I'm so glad that you are free and clear of meds now!
Isn't change for the better great? I love hearing these success stories!
I am so happy for you! I am with you on taking yourself off the meds I did the same thing after my surgery. I am now 10 months out and still awesome blood sugar! Diabetes is nothing to mess with! You will make your weightless goals!
I'm basking baby! LOL. You are just in such awesome place attitude wise. I love it!
What a glorious post!! I can READ the smiles in your words - and I am happy WITH you!! You're doing sooo great, my friend!! I am so VERY proud of you!! You truly ARE my hero!!
You're doing SO well! And for vitamins...I love me some gummies.
You've done so well! No diabetes, down 43 lbs.! A NSV and a scale victory! Great job!
OMG - this list is so inspiring. I hope you can just keep adding to it as time goes on!
All I have to say is...YOU GO GIRL!!! You are awesome and I absolutely love reading your blog!!! We have so much in commen and I love that we are both in the same position...almost to ONEderland!! Congrats on the weight loss, your doing FANTASTIC!! Keep up the great work and I know if you continue what your doing you will get to your 175lb goal!!
Oh this is so good! So many good things in this post! You are going to smash that Christmas goal! I love my doc to, and the whole experience there, I am definitely going to miss that when I move.
Oh yeah, and I wanted to tell you, these bras are possible the most comfortable bras I've ever owned! I have completely quit wearing my other ones! I haven't had a comfy bra with pre-fathood!
Cheers to good health! Keep up the good work!
England for Christmas! *jealous* I'm sure you will blow them all away.
Does this mean that hubby has that super sexy accent? I love accents, all of them, love em.
What a super awesome post!! All such great things, Amanda. :)
Post a Comment