Does it say something that I can recognize the fact that I am in a majorly bad mood.
Two entire days of going to bed mad and waking up irritated. I can't help it. But maybe it can!?
I am sad this morning for my friend Lisa. She has been doing everything for over a year to work towards Gastric Banding surgery and was just denied yesterday. It isn't the end of the road. There is still some fight left but she is feeling low and I don't blame her. She could use some love and encouragement.
Also my new friend Jen who does the best blog redesigns had a bad start to her week too. She posted a vlog earlier and I was just able to view it today. Just makes me sad how bad medical professionals can be.
I know they all can't be good days folks. Generally mine are, but I am telling you how sad I am that these ladies are hurting.
So that brings me down to me: I had an appointment with my Doc..whom I love..love. I felt for sure he'd give me a fill. But no. I have lost 8 lbs since my last visit which was in April. So no fill. I just wanted a bump. But he is probably right. However I have been between 200-203 for weeks now. Killing me. BUT it really is my own fault. I haven't exercised one tiny bit, I haven't restricted my food choices, AND I went on vacation (I didn't gain there either yayser). Bottom line is I need to check myself before a wreck myself.
Re motivation time gals. Monday. I am working out....Tuesday night advanced yoga, Wednesday gym..Thursday umm we'll see. I am logging all food. Protein in the A.M. No potato chips. I will get below 200 darn it.
No one would like me much today...shame really because I'm having a party.
I am hosting a party this afternoon for about 40 people. Might even be 50.
And I am mean. I am not stressed about the party. I am just mean. About everything.
My sister graduated with her RN last month and we are having a camping party and BBQ tonight! We smoked something like 6 boston butts and I've got my famous jalapeno and cilantro coleslaw to make, baked beans to prepare, tables to set, or tent to set up, and I must be nice to all our guests at the same time. It will be a task that is for sure.
I bought skinny girl margaritas so it will either be that or something quite stronger once I get situated. We have smores, a bonfire, and several musicians coming, plus it is practically a full moon, (maybe that is why I am mean?) so the evening will be a lot of fun. But I need to get over being mean.
Serenity Now. (Seinfeld anyone)

13 comments:
We all have our grouchy days, weeks, months... years, in my case. I know you'll get over this funk!
By the way, I've only lost 1 lb since early May. (Well, unless you count regaining and losing the same 5 lbs twice. And in that case, it's more like 11.) So we're in the same boat! Must be the 6 month blues.
Man, I hate when i get in these moods! Hope you are able to have fun tonight!
I fully support super grouch days. /nod If we didn't have them occasionally people would just think we were too perfect and not like us. /grin
Luv ya Amanda. You are going to rock the hell out of this party, your RN (congrats!) sister is going to love you even more forever and you're going to have a few drinks and calm down. This I predict.
You'll also get rid of those damn 2 or 3 lbs and get to Onederland by having a fantastic week this week and kicking ass with exercise. Do it because you CAN and DESERVE to get to Onederland darling.
Sometimes you just gotta grump. This too shall pass.
If I was there I would smother you in hugs and kisses. It would only make you madder, but I would still do it.
LOL
I hope the party went well.
I've had days like that, they just have to work out of your system.
I hope that the party was a success!
I call these such days my bitchy days! I have plenty of bitchy days - I am actually having a bitchy week this week!
Hope your party goes great!
your post made me laugh! i have had a couple of cranky days lately and my husband actually said "serenity now" (from seinfeld) to me last night! Hope the party was great!!
Thank you so much Amanda, for being so supportive. I'm doing much better and I'm going to work my ass off to prove that douche nozzle of a Dr. wrong.
I hope you had a great party - it sounds AMAZING!
I hope you get to the root of this bad mood soon, I hate hate that feeling. Mine is usually pms. Blasted good for nothing crap hormones.
Big Hugs,
Jen
You are so thoughtful to feel for your friends as you do. I hope your party was fun and pulled you from your 2 day grumpfest!
Btw, I lol'ed at your "check myself before I wreck myself," line! Love it!
Maybe a party is just what you need to get you out of Grumpville? I'm a little grumpy too and it's a bad week for it as we have a birthday weekend approaching. Let's have a couple virtual drinks, take a deep breath and Whooosa! Better yet?
(((hugggsss))) to you, my Special and Beautiful Friend! Thank you for being so supportive and caring - you have noooo idea how high you lift me! Thank you for being YOU!!!
I like you everyday, my sweet friend. Sending you lots of hugs & love!!
Post a Comment