Friday, July 8, 2011

BYOC......if Draz can be a unicorn then I can be a mermaid!

BYOC~ a little Friday ritual from Draz herself!


1. If you were asked to symbolize yourself as an animal – which animal would you be?
I'll be a mermaid thank you! I swam for year competitively and had this strange fascination with mermaids. I was totally addicted to The Little Mermaid when I was like 12-13. I even wore band aids that had her on them. 13 people. That is silly!

So that is what I am. A Mermaid.
2. Did you ever play an organized sport – with coaches, rules and scoring? Tell us about it.

Yep. I swam. I danced on a team, I played softball, I did track and field.  But Swimming was my passion. I also coached swim teams and  a few Special Olympic teams.
3. When did you start shaving your legs?

5th or 6th grade.. I did so without asking, cut myself, and then got in trouble. But all the other girls on the swim team were doing it!

4. When you’re in a crabby – pissy – want to stab everyone you see kind of mood – what do you do to get out of it or do you revel in it?

I have days then I am pissy. But rarely. I normally just am for hours and then I move past it. I always feel lethargic and worthless and I am sure my husband feels the pain. But for the most part I don't get crabby. Now when I am overly stressed I do go a little mental. I sit down and try and count to 10.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blogland and in real life.

Real life is good! I feel motivated again. I am excited about both challenges and I feel really good about finally being under 200. I have found out that  I will NEVER EVER EVER be a runner. I can go really fast on the Elliptical which I call running. But I went and did some running on a local Green Way and I hated it. So A goal will never be doing a marathon! :)

Bloglife: Good. Positivity is out there in some of our bloggers. Loving it. Motivation is kicking up and excitement about Chicago is ever present. I CAN'T WAIT! I am as always thrilled with the feed back from my last post about the fairness about my WLS and a challenge. Not because it favored in my direction but mainly because it is so damn helpful to have all you people around! Lurve it.

7 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhh, I love The Little Mermaid!! And don't stress the marathon thing! I'll be in the crowd next to you handing out the water!!

Great BYOC! Have a wonderful weekend!

Dinnerland said...

Don't be so sure about the running, Amanda! As an experience 'casual/ non-competitve' runner-- I can tell you that people who try to learn to run are typically way to hard on themselves and try to do too much too soon and make it UNfun.
Let me know if you'd like further advice, and I'll post a blog about STARTING to run...

Leslie said...

I still love The Little Mermaid, did you see the tshirt I want on my last post? She is my favorite. I wanna be a mermaid with you!!

I want to walk a 1/2 marathon, I don't think I will ever be a runner but I want to amp up my fitness level for sure.

Rhonda said...

I love the Little Mermaid. I'm always trying to sing along. I get to watch it now and claim it's so the boys can see all the "classics." I'm so sneaky. :D

I agree with everyone else, you might be a runner and not even know it - or at the least you could walk a marathon. (Though that seems like it'd take forever, am I right?!)

Can't wait for Chicago, roomie! :)

Cat said...

I absolutely love the little Mermaid. The actual Hans Christen Anderson story is actually so sad. I remember reading it after seeing the Disney tale and cried my eyes out. I'm happy you're a mermaid!

Anonymous said...

Ha- The Little Mermaid. My kiddos had the VHS & it used to be on every sticking day. My ex and I could recite that word for word. We took them to see it at the drive-ins four times. That feels like a 100 years ago....

I always liked her crab, Sabastian, best.

MandaPanda said...

A marathon certainly isn't in the cards for me either. A mermaid, eh? Hm..I'll stick with a panda bear...they sleep 22 1/2 hours a day!