First...today I was 198.2.
After days, a month even..of bitching about a non moving scale. I saw the elusive onederland. I say this today and we shall see what happens tomorrow but when I entered onederland before it was always 199.5. I wouldn't accept it until it was 198 for a few days. So we shall see.
But here is what I know!
I will not accept not getting to my goal of 175...That is a goal I want to make and if I get there and re asses and decide to go to 150 then fine. But 175 is what I'd like to be first. I knew that the first part of this journey might be easier then the last part. I knew that I would have to work at this. I knew that NOTHING would be easy!
So here is what I am doing about it!
I joined the B.O.O.Bs Back to Basic Challenge. I weighed in at 201 I think.
Even bigger then that, I joined my gyms Weightloss Challenge which begins on the 18th. I will have two group sessions a week with a trainer and one personal training session a week for 12 weeks, I have a 12 week use of a body bugg with option to buy at half off at the end of the session, weekly weigh ins, nutrition advice, measurements...and accountability!
I am pumped! I like 2 out of 3 of the trainers. The 3rd is just fine..he just is a meat head in my opinion. I go for my assessment next Wednesday. I am looking to lose weight and tone.
My Question To You All!?
This challenge has prizes involved. Honestly I am not doing this for the prizes but they don't hurt either. Anyway...I haven't signed the forms yet so I am not sure what the rules and regulations are but: If there is no stipulation about WLS am I obligated to share that information? Main reason I don't want to share it is that i have kept this a secrete from the general public. I live in a small town, the trainers are friends with a lot of people I know, the owner of the gym is the brother of a close friend and anything I EVER say in that gym gets around. But I don't want to be a cheat.
You and I both know that this surgery isn't always easy. We have to work. I have had to work...and I will continue to do so. But do you think I ought to keep quiet and if I possibly win maybe in confidence ask them to omit me as a winner? Or don't give me the top prize? Or maybe I should just tell them from the beginning? Although I don't want to.
Morally speaking what do you guys think? Not medically because medically I don't think I have to disclose any information. But I want to be fair.
All this might have no bearing once I read the rules but I am battling this a little in my head.
If I can't do this challenge I will possibly buy a Body Bugg and work with a trainer. But it comes out cheaper if I do the challenge!
So what do you think?





17 comments:
I don't think you have to disclose that you had WLS. I mean, you are almost to your goal, yes the band helps you lose weight but it doesn't pry the ice cream/doritos/food of choice from you hands when you really want it.
If you don't do the challenge, let me know because I may be selling my bodybugg if you are interested.
Well done for getting to Onederland!
If I were you I wouldn't tell them about your WLS, I guess that I would feel a little guilty if I won prizes but you will have worked really hard for it and you deserve it.
If you do win and feel really guilty you can always send your prizes to me, can you make sure you win something expensive!
Unless you have a legal obligation to disclose, I wouldn't worry about it. It's no different than any other "tool" people use to help them on their journey.
And hello, HAPPY ONEDERLAND!!!!
First, congrats on entering onderland! So exciting! As for the contest, I agree, people do use all kinds of tools. It is no more dishonest than someone using pills or coke (so kidding about that!). As for me, I have a really guilty conscience. I probably would not tell them about WLS if I was trying to keep it a secret, but I wouldn't accept any prizes. When it comes down to it, you need to do what you feel comfortable doing.
I agree with everyone else - HELL no, don't tell 'em! It's your business. And since we're past the "losing-a-pound-in-our-sleep-every-night" phase, it's no longer even relevant!
Congrats on onederland, sweetie pie! :)
That's your private medical information-- you don't owe the gym any obligation to disclose. Besides, at this point you're losing weight like any other exercise/dieter so I don't see how it gives you a competitive advantage. And I would absolutely accept the prizes :)
Congratulations on Onederland. Woo and Hoo!!!!!
Re: your question on my blog. My goal right now is 145. I have adjusted it down to get me into "normal BMI range". That said, I will tell you that I feel pretty good where I am at 170-175 and if I stayed here I would consider this surgery a huge success. Because of that, I'm not super motivated to really try hard to lose right now and my losses have slowed down. That's ok with me-- I wouldn't really mind if it took me another year to lose this last 25 lbs. I do, however, want to be at goal before I have plastics so that deadline is in my head.
I agree with others. Unless the rules specifically exclude you, I wouldn't say anything. Having the band is no different than someone taking dexatrim and living off maple syrup liquid diet type stuff.
Congratulations on reaching onederland!
Add me to the no disclosure necessary camp. Unless it is explicitly asked, don't worry about it. I think at the very beginning, it MIGHT be questionable, but I think at this point...just do it, girl!! And kick butt!
Congratulations on Onederland Amanda!! And nope, unless they require you to disclose in the paperwork you are under no obligation. Because like others have said, you aren't losing more than 1 - 3 lbs a week which is perfectly acceptable by any standards. It's your medical business.
Congratulations to YOU, my beautiful friend!! Onederland is terrific and I am soooo thrilled for YOU!!!
That said.. as a wife of someone who reads the small print, I say you have every right to keep all your medical information to YOURSELF!! No one needs to know anything you don't wish to tell them.. I asked Hubs about this, and he agreed!
(((huggggsss)))) to YOU - I'm sooo proud of YOU!!
Onederland....one day I shall join that club!!!
And it's your body!! Your band. Your life. DO what feels comfortable!!
Congratulations on onederland.
I agree with not disclosing- somebody on Slimfast or a diet pill wouldn't feel the obligation to cough up that info, and you shouldn't either!
Welcome to Onderland and kick some ass in the Challenge and no, they don't need to know you have a band. It is just a piece of plastic. You still need to do the work!! Never forget that! :)
Congrats on onederland....I'm sure with all the work you are doing that it will stay there for good. I wouldn't tell them about your WLS. You have to work just as hard as everyone else by making good choices and working out.
Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you. I think Onederland is smo important psychologically.
WooHOOOOO on Onderland!!! And I agree with everyone else. A lady never tells.
Post a Comment