I am so overwhelmed by this weekend it is insane! And yes I was the crier of the group. I keep saying it but honestly I am not a crier in real life! But Daah-ammn did I tear up a lot.
I need to preface this by saying that I am sicker now that I am home (might even have pneumonia), I am very sad because my cat died while I was away, and I am just having a hard time putting into words exactly what I want to post!
I love that I can read these blogs, see faces that I have known for a year now and I can actually hear your voices in what you type. Little manner-isms that you post regularly are very audible now. It is such a good thing and it makes me very happy.
I feel very strongly about making a connection with a bandster in real life. Meeting Lynda before my trip to Chicago was such a good thing for me. Not only do I love her. Like really love her...but it was the first time in a year I haven't felt weird about eating around people. Even my husband. Don't get me wrong I am supported left and right by my friends and family but to get up from a meal...or just to have that look that says "which direction is the restroom?!?" To honestly talk one on one about our issues means more to me then I thought it would. SO thanks for the Lynda! I really recommend branching out to someone near by.
I got to meet Catherine55. For a lot of us she was the #1 bandster that either got us into blogging or banding. If she wasn't then you have someone very similar to her that "helped" you in the beginning. I read her blog from beginning to end last Sept. (I think). She was the reason I as banded. Reading her blog made me see that I too could be successful. I could still have a life and that I wouldn't be the person for the rest of my life that had gastric surgery. That I could be me again. I cried when I met her. I wanted to say so much and yet I just couldn't convey what I wanted to. But having met her and can honestly say that she is such a nice person and makes everyone she is speaking to feel comfortable instantly. I guess I have a little bit of celebrity shock before I met her. But just being able to say thank you face to face was more thrilling to me then meeting any famous person.
And yes I am crying again.
There are very few people what I can say I did not like right away. I mean how can you not like people that instantly will link arms with you and walk down the street! We all know such intimate details about eachother but yet we've never met face to face and it was like we had known eachother for ever. I can not describe that feeling. It just is amazing. The beauty and the personalities of the weekend blow me away.
Don't get me wrong there were lots and lots of laughs. But I had to step back a lot and just take in the grandness of it all. We are a huge group..not just the Chicago ladies..but all of us bloggers. We don't take aim over religion, race, politics etc. We just support. You may not follow someone for a reason but we don't purposely fight. I realize we are a weight loss group but our real lives come into play in posts everyday and I hardly see hatred. Lynda and I talked about this loads on the flight in. So I must say thank you to all of you for that! Amazing group of ladies.
My band behaved the whole time. I got to eat most things I wanted. As soon as I got home I was stuck on string cheese! Who the hell knows how this band works!?! I crossed my legs on the plane. Lynda has proof. A-freaking-mazing.
My roomates were dolls. They delt with me being the sicky. We drank a few cocktails together..shared toothpaste and tried on clothes. Ronnie and Liz were just fabulous. So thank you.
I seriously could start going through the list and telling you something about every single person. But it would take forever. But just know..and you know who you are...I really really am glad we met. I am glad to text you and banter back and forth. Perhaps plan a camping trip or just gossip a little. Plan a trip to Las Vegas or stage an event to show off a hot dress. Perhaps share some recipes or get some style advice. I am just plain glad to have you women in my life.
So thank you.
~
As soon as I arrived home there was a little prize from my secret bandit. How cool was that! Here is a picture of me this morning wearing my cool new Nike shirt! Thank you Bandit. I love it and I can't wait to work out in it! I am also wearing some jeans that Lynda gave me! Cute huh! My poor eyes are puffy and swollen. Sick and dead cat sadness are not a good look for me and I would guess not anyone! However I would never have worn such a fitted shirt in my past life!
So I will post a picture montage when I can go through and decide the best ones. Honestly all the pictures of me that I like best are on other blogs and on facebook! But I've got fab pictures of others. I just need to sort. Tomorrow will be a better day. Until then my little flower bouquets,
Much love!


25 comments:
My darling. So sorry to hear about your cat! Very unfortunate news. On a happier front, glad you enjoyed BOOBs... and thrilled to see how slim you look in your Just Do It pic:)
Your pics are adorable...I'm sorry about your cat. THank you for your encouragement
Sorry to hear about your cat and I Hope you feel better...
Oh honey...I'm so sorry about your cat. I've been there and it's so heartbreaking. I love you.
I had such an amazing weekend, and some of the most special moments to me were those just hanging out in our room, just getting to know each other.
Count me in for camping! And events for hot dresses (and shoes)!!!!!
I love you! I'm sorry about your cat, sweetie... but I know she had a great life while she was here.
I totally get what you mean about the mannerisms, I can totally hear you saying all this. :)
And that makes me miss you. :((
Amanda, your poor kitty, I'm sorry :( I can't imagine
You know, the one thing I thought was strange about the whole weekend was that I thought I'd be with you the whole time, and it just didn't happen that way, haha! Who knew! We'll have to keep up via blogs and FB and not let time get away from us next year.
Also, I loved how beautiful (and fancy) you are. Your outfits were always so nice and complete. Everything so feminine and lovely. (I have a hard time being feminine and lovely, so I envy those who are.) :)
And I love how you look when you take off your glasses even more :)
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat!! {{{HUGS}}} Hope you feel better soon!
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. You are in my thoughts.
You are an amazing woman. I enjoyed every second I was able to spend with you.
I'm sooo sorry to hear about your cat, Lovely Lady...
But I am thrilled you had a wonderful time in Chicago!! You deserved it!!
Feel better!!
I am so sorry about your kitty! How awful to come home to that. I also am very sad to hear how sick you are. All that partying we did like Rock Stars did it you know. LOL
I am glad I got to meet you, you are a jewel!
Hugz!!
How hot do you look in that photo?? You look amazing!
Thank you for your comment on my blog, you are the sweetest girl.
Glad that you enjoyed Boobs, I am very envious. So sorry about your cat x
Look at how skinny you are! I'm so sorry about your cat...what an awful thing to come home to. :(
It sounds like you had a wonderful time and met some wonderful people. It's such an unique situation we all have here in this blogosphere and I think it's so amazing that so many of you were able to meet in "real life."
so sorry about your cat, what a horrible thing to have to go through while you are gone.
You look so freaking skinny in your picture!!
I am so sorry about your cat. I love my pets like kids so I know how much it can hurt.
You look great.
I didn't see you cry one time over the weekend, but I will take your word for it. And you are allowed to cry all you want about your precious kitty cat. I have 3 and love them all so much I can't even imagine the day when they are gone.
We need to figure out our whole Aslay Egasvay trip as well (said in code, ha!) Maybe we will meet someone who has a private plane and can fly us out there for FREE!!!
I love you girlie, and I am so fortunate to know you :) xoxo
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. :( I hope you feel better and you look great in your shirt!!!
Aww... I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. I have 2 and one is pretty up there in age. I would be broken hearted if she passed away, even more so if it was while I was gone. As for being sick, go to the doctors. Please! And definitely get well. I'm happy you had a great time in Chi-Town. And you look so good in your photo above. :)
I'm SO sorry about your cat (I have two here, so I know how much you're hurting). Feel better sweetie, and I wish we'd had more time together. You're an amazing and beautiful woman! Love you bunches!
So sorry about your cat...
Wished we had more time together....next year....
XO
You look gorgeous in that picture!! I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. That is very sad and it has to be horrible to deal with on top of being sick. Sending you good vibes and prayers, babe. Love you!
I am sorry to hear about your pet, cry away, it's alright.
Also, you look super skinny in that photo, look at you! You hot little thing!
oh I am sorry about your getting ill and your poor kitty. I am so happy we got to meet in Chicago! You need to come to Portland :)!!
xxxooo
Oh and I almost forgot...way to work the jeans and tshirt!! You look GREAT!
xxxooo
i hope you get to feeling better - pneumonia's nothing to mess with girl!!
And I love the shirt, and combining it will all the power tools behind you makes you looks super not someone to mess with... LOL! :)
Im sorry to hear about your cat!! On a happier note you look FANTASTIC!!!! I was so sad that I couldn't go to Chicago this year, but it sounds like you guys had an awesome time!! Keep up the great work, you look GREAT!!
Post a Comment