Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Husband.......now bring it back to moi

Today is my husbands birthday. He is 33.

My husband is a drummer and a hiker. . He is 6ft 6 inches tall with long red hair. He loves music. Metal especially but all kinds. That is how we met... through music and the Internet of course. We can listen to a very heavy progressive band and then turn around and listen to blue grass. He loves sweets. Especially chocolate with cup of English tea. (which is mother ships to us 300 teabags at a time).

My husband vacuums my entire house for me. When I come home from a evening out and he has been at home for the evening my house is nearly always vacuumed. My husband eats all vegetables. There is not one meal that I have ever made for him that he was disappointed in. There is not one item that he won't try! My husband tried raw oysters with my family after we were married and now is hooked on them.


My husband hiked 267 miles on the Pennine Trail as his last homage to his home country. 267 miles people! He back packs as much as he can in the fall and really loves living in the mountains!

My husband tells me every day that I look pretty. Even yesterday when I had no make up on, a sweat shirt, and dirty jeans. Actually he said I looked cute. What a liar.

My husband loves his family. They are very close. They pick on each other like crazy but their love is deep. He loves his nieces and absolutely loves that our niece Millie is totally enamored with her Auntie Amanda. He pretends to be jealous but he loves it.

My husband was very shy when we met which was why all of his friends and family were in shocked when he decided to come to the US to meet me way back in 2003. My husband left all he knew, a fabulous Engineering career, a band he toured with, and his parents to move here and take over our family business. He works hard and is quite successful with our new career path. So even with a shitty economy he does what we have to do to make our business work.

I could go on and on about the things Chris does for me. But like most women I am great at bitching at him for a lot of little things. Truth be told I am a very lucky girl and I do know it. Happy birthday little husband. You are my light and I love the little life we created. 







Now lets bring it back to me!
Enough talking about the man

April 2010

Sept. 2011
Are you kidding me? I mean like really kidding me!??!! Who in the hell was that person? I needed to see this today

31 comments:

Angela said...

DAMN!!!! You look awesome!

Sandy said...

Your hubby is sweet. And your before and after are amazing. Keep it up and you'll be running the trails with him trailing behind.

vickyd said...

Happy birthday to your hubby...he's a keeper! And damn, girl, you look incredible!!

Amanda Kiska said...

OMG! Amanda! You look AMAZING! You're beautiful at any size, but WOW!

A.J. said...

OMG! So much in common. My Hubs is 6'5 (which is funny cause I am 5'3) and he is an "urban hiker" he usually does 8-12 mile walks 5-6x a week. My Hubs would have red hair too if he actually still had hair. And what up with all the chainsaws in your Sept 2011 pic? Happy birthday to your Hubby.

Kristin said...

My husband is 6'5 too! LOL we all must love tall men huh? Amanda you look absolutely fabulous my dear!

Lady Lap Band said...

oo baby you look hot!! =) and your hubby sounds like a sweetheart, what a lucky gal you are!

Breanne
www.ladylapband.com

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

AWww - I love this tribute to him and am so happy for you! And wowser on the pics. Just wow.

Read said...

Okay. Happy birthday to the husband and all. But Amanda, HOLY SHIT!!! You look freakin fantastic. That first picture does NOT look like you!! Wow, just wow!!

Lyla said...

Wow, honey! You look amazing, and your husband sounds wonderful-- tell him happy birthday for us.

trishajo said...

awwwwwwww you make me want to just give your hubby a BIG HUG for being so fabulous!!! What a great story, too. True love for him to give up all he knew to be with you! <3

And freaking WHAT WHAT!!! on the pic!! fabuzing!!! (that's what happens when fabulous and amazing have a baby - fabuzing!!)

Jen said...

so sweet and girl, you look goooooooddddd!!!

Darlin1 said...

OMG.........look at you..amazing!

Cat said...

HOLY SHIT girlie!!!! You are such a hotty boom boom body!! (Laura's term of course!).

I absolutely love the tribute to Chris. So very glad you two are the greatest of friends as well as loves! : )

Back to you a moment...seriously I did a double take. I cannot believe the first pic is you! So cute, but seriously babe...you are an Inspiration with a capital I. :)

*hearts*

Maria said...

Dang girl! You look Mahvelous!

Bonnie said...

Sounds you got a keeper and he does too. You look amazing.

Andrea said...

Awww...how sweet! Happy Birthday to your hubby!! You look fabulous!!!

chloes_countdown said...

holy cow!!!! great pics.

and very touching homage to your good man. :)

~Lisa~ said...

What a beautiful post - Happy Birthday Amanda's Hubby!!!!

You, my Beautiful Friend, look absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! You ARE my inspiration!!!!

I'll make sure my next 'tini will be in celebration of you and your Hubs!!

Dani said...

Wow how good do you look??-I love the way you talk about your hubby-HB hubby!!

Nora said...

Happy birthday, Chris! I bet his favorite bday gift is having a hotter and hotter wife to come home to!!!

Laura Belle said...

Happy B-day to your hubby! He sounds great!

And Dang Girl!!! You are looking FAB!

Alison said...

You look great, really fantastic, I'm very happy for you.

Pictures of your husband always freak me out a little as he is so like my little brother except my brother is blond, he's recently cut his long hair off but had the same style and facial hair, same build but about 6.2, he plays guitar in a very heavy rock band. Must be because they're both Yorkshire boys!
Hope he has a smashing day!

Rhonda said...

I'm super late reading, so I have nothing to say that'll be any different from anyone else... BUT... loved this. Beautiful tribute to the man. I'm still sad he didn't pick up when we called him in Chicago. LOL

MandaPanda said...

What a great tribute to your hubby! Happy Birthday to him!

As for you, holy cow!!! You look absolutely fabulous!

Justawallflower said...

First, I totally believe your husband that you looked cute. I can't imagine you not looking cute!
Second, sounds like you have a really great husband on your hands! Happy Birthday to him! Hope you guys enjoyed your cheese cake and whatever else the day brought you!

MBFL said...

Damn girl, you are looking good

Anonymous said...

I am going to parrot what eveyone else is saying, Amanda. You really, really look amazing.
Chris really sounds like a keeper ( I just YOU know that). So, happy birthday to him.

Debi said...

Holy cow 267 miles. That is nutso, but good for him :)

And you are amaaaaaaazing! And beautiful! And fantastic! And I love the heck out of ya!

Dinnerland said...

WOW!!! You look totally amazing. And yeah: don't worry about a 2 pound 'gain'- it is surely water weight. Drink that water, I'll be with you in spirit, drinking my water like there is NO tomorrow... hoping to flush my system today.

Beth Ann said...

Holy crap, you are precious.